Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Adventures in Candy by Finn Rowles

I don’t remember anything before I fell through the portal.  I just remember falling through the ground and coming through the other side.  I was in a world of candy.  I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  Gummy Fish swimming through a river of Kool Aid, there was a forest of licorice in the distance,  and where I was, which seemed to be a desert of frosting.  I stood up slowly while I took in my surroundings.  How did I get here?  Why did I enter this place? My hands were shaking, and I was looking around frantically.  I started towards the forest.  I was about three feet away from the trees and then it happened.  I started sinking!  I shook and wiggled around, but it seemed the more I moved the more I sank.  So I gave up.  This is how I’m going to die.  Sinking into quickfrosting.  I couldn’t help but laugh.  I made up a word right before I will die.  
It was up to my mouth when something strange happened.  Someone threw me a licorice rope, and I managed to rip my arm out of the frosting.  I grabbed onto the rope and I started pulling like my life depended on it.  Going up, slowly but surely, until POP.  I came out of the quicksand as if a bomb exploded under me.  I flew into the air, and landed hardly on the ground.  
I scratched some hardened frosting off me without looking up, and thanked whoever saved me.  But when I looked up I was so surprised I must have jumped ten feet in the air.  At least twenty gummy bears were walking towards me, all in a weird up down up down position.  Then one of them said in such a high pitched voice it sounded like a baby screaming.
“HELLO THERE MY NAME IS GUMMYA I AM THE QUEEN OF THE GUMMY BEARS WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME TO MY PALACE?!?!?!?” Queen Gummya quickly yelled.  
I hesitated, but followed them.  The gummy bears other than Queen Gummya carried popsicle swords and giant skittle shields.  In the distance, I saw a castle made of literally every single candy ever invented.  When we reached the door I had to duck under it door.  I stood up, forgetting I was gigantic compared to the half foot tall gummy bears.  I heard a cracking above me, and I realized I made a monstrous hole in the hall above.  Oh no.
“ALERT THE QUEEN!!” One of the gummy bears yelled.
I ran out of the hall, not sticking around to find out what would happen to me.  But then I realized that this was a horrid mistake too.  I ran right through the doorway, make half of the castle crumble to the ground.  
“GET HIM!” The queen screamed, making her voice more high pitched than anything I had ever heard before.  
I ran and ran and ran.  I looked back, which was a mistake because I noticed the gummy bears were gaining on me, throwing Hot Tamales that exploded and burnt when they hit anything like the professional football players I used to watch.  I was running and running until I halted to a stop.  
There was a cliff in front of me that was at least a hundred feet down, landing in a marsh of Coke.  What would I rather have be my fate: falling to my death, or getting blown up by Hot Tamales?  I’ll go with falling, I thought.  I took a deep breath, and jumped.  The world seemed to be in slow motion.  Was that me screaming, or the soldiers yelling in rage?   Was I falling, or was I going up?  I swear I was going up.  I looked up, and I gasped.  Two enormous, bulky legs were grabbed my shoulders.  I was being carried by a candy dragon.  I was so shocked I blacked out.  I woke up on a cold floor and saw the outline of the gargantuan dragon that grabbed me.  It moved it head a little bit, looked towards me, and opened it’s mouth.  A bursting light came into the room.  It said “What are you doing in the candy realm, so far away from the human realm?  You are very lucky to be so close to a portal.” Said the dragon.  I was suspicious, but I trusted it.
“At the very bottom of the cave, there is a portal.  It is the color of a lemon drop and bubbly like soda.  Good luck, and I hope you survive the dangers of the deep.” It says.
The dangers of the deep?   I walk downwards, I literally can’t see my hand in front of my face.  Then I see some light.  Just a dot, but it could be the portal.  The dot got bigger, and bigger, and bigger until something wrapped around my leg.
“AAAAAH!!!” I screamed.  
I felt more of them wrapping around my leg.  More of them wrapped around my arms and legs, and I attempted to pull them off, but it isn’t working.  Then, an idea pops into my head.  EAT THE THINGS AROUND MY LIMBS!!  I started gnawing at the worms, which worked a lot better than trying to pull them off.  After a while, I succeeded in getting them off.  Once I got them off, I ran as fast as I could, feeling them reach for my legs, but not succeeding.  I finally reached the portal.  It gave off an eerie light, like a glowing jellyfish.  I jumped.  Falling through the portal, I was back in the real world, safe at last.  But I realized I was in the middle of a desert.  And the the world started shaking.  
“WAKE UP! WAKE UP!” The world yelled.  The world was still shaking, even harder now, until it was spinning.  Then it burst into light, and I woke up in my bed.  Phew, it was all a dream.  
“Oh, thank goodness, he’s ok.” Said a voice I didn’t recognize.  
I looked up and I gasped.  It was a gummy bear…

No comments:

Post a Comment