Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Last Civilization Part 1 by Daniel Wu

Today was the day. The day of initiation. Today I was going on a raid the Fire Skull Kin. I was going to prove my worth to my parents, but more importantly, Fiona. Fiona recently started dating another guy, Luca. Now, Luca and I were raiding different tribes and there was a great chance that if my raid was successful, and Luca’s was not, she would break up with him and date someone else, preferably me.
Because my dad is the weapons chief, I will probably get a better weapon, a pistol or maybe even a semi-automatic rifle. The fully-automatic guns only go to the highest chiefs. The common weapon would be spears and clubs. I smiled smugly when I saw Luca get a club, the lowest-grade weapon. Now all I had to do was not mess up.
Naturally, I messed up. Now I’m stuck in the middle of nowhere with Luca and Fiona. During the raid, my horse acted up and ran straight into the woods, where Luca was preparing for an ambush. Fiona was with him. Luca never explained why, because females weren’t allowed on raids. Now, none of us knew how to get back, even though Luca had come here to ‘prepare for an ambush’. Nearby, I hear a horn of an enemy tribe, or, more specifically, the strongest tribe in the world.
An arrow whistled out of the sky and struck Luca, killing him
“Come on! We have to go!” I say, dragging Fiona behind me, trying my best to keep her alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment