Wednesday, July 27, 2016

FRIEND OR FOE? Chapter 2 by Mariam A. Kravchenko


My world is a blur, until I collapse onto hard ground. I try to wiggle my fingers, and I successfully do. I shakily push myself to my feet and steady myself against a nearby tree. The gun that Jacob had placed on my notebook is lying on a rock, along with a pile of some boxes of ammunition. I wobble over and took a closer look at my ‘gift’. There was a gun belt with large magazines packed with ammo and a built in holster. I look at the gun. A 9mm  Glock 43. Nice.
“The bullets in the gun and pre-loaded mags are silver. They can kill anyone or anything in this story, except for us. Silver can only harm us, to kill us, we must be beheaded,” a voice rings out. I look around and find a man who looks incredibly similar to Jacob leaning against a tree, his arms crossed, and his eyebrows raised.
“Jacob?,” I whisper. “Is that you?”
“No, Josephine,” He purrs. “I’m not your boyfriend. I can be your survival, or I can be your destruction. Which do you choose?”
I nibble my lip.
“Well, I would prefer survival, but you expected that, didn’t you. To survive, I must pay a price, I assume?”
“You’re a clever little girl,” He hisses.
I play dumb.
“I’m not a little girl. I’m nineteen.”
He snarls.
“Don’t toy with me, girl. I can just kill you right here, right now. I recommend you shut up.”
I shut up.
“Good,” he hissed. Then, his voice became casual. “So, as I was saying, you can kill me, I can give you an ax, but if you do, you are sure to die.” He holds out a small ax.
“Wow,” I mutter. “Why is everything so convenient in this place?”
He laughs softly.
“Come. I shall take you to my lair. You will meet my kind, and I shall make sure they bring you no harm.” He turns and starts walking.
I hesitate for a moment, then follow him. Together, we walk into the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment