Friday, July 29, 2016

Chapter 1 by Dalton D, Sam H, Siona K, and Mariam K

A shadowed figure sat at a starry pool. She looked around and screamed in horror, for she saw a blood-covered creature. The monster stared deep into her eyes, showing her a vision of her dark, bloody, gruesome death. She heard a voice, but she couldn’t make out what it was saying.
And then I awoke…….

“Max, get up,” Mom said sweetly. I rubbed my eyes and stretched. I had had the weirdest dream last night.  I yawned loudly and flopped back down onto my pillow. “Mom,” I groaned. “Do I have to get up, it’s Monday morning and I’m tired.”
  “Don’t you remember sweetheart, today’s the day you’re finally going to ask him out. I glanced at the calendar. Today’s date was circled in bright, crimson, marker.
“Do I have to?” I asked my mom.
   “If you want to have a date you do.” she replied.
     “Then I’m going back to bed.” I argued.
  “C’mon honey, You’ve got to do it.” Mom attempted on encouraging me, but I knew her tricks.
    “But I don’t want to, and I’m tired.” I groaned.
 “Fine, I’ll leave you in peace, but you’ll change your mind eventually.” Mom said sternly.
  Wow. Mom never gives in that early. Something’s wrong.  Was she playing around with Daniel Miller again? I knew the two of them were a bucket-full of crazy.  
 I got out of bed. I looked at the small window  down the hallway.  No one was in sight of me. I slowly tip-toed to the window. I unlatched the hook, and pulled up the screen. I slowly crawled through the confined space.
   When I got to the other side, I put the screen down, and re-latched the window. I quickly pulled it down.

  I had successfully snuck out. The only problem was that I was in a completely new room, and someone was sitting in a desk a few feet away from me. I gasped.
 Daniel Miller turned around just in time to see my eyes flare with purple flame and the falling of an antique vase.
 “What are you doing here?” asked Daniel.
“Nothing.” I said dumbfoundedly. My power had never failed before. I quickly ducked under a small, round table, right before a shard of iron hit my left foot.
  “What did you just do?” I asked.
 “Nothin.” He said.
   “I know what you did, Daniel.  You’re such a traitor.” I said.
“You don’t know what I did, because I did nothing other than take out the bedroom keys,”he snapped.
  “You didn’t take out the keys out of your pocket, there aren’t even any keys to this room.” I replied.
 “How? Wha? Huh?” sputtered Daniel. I smiled with delight and rolled my eyes. I laughed, ran out of the room, picked up my backpack and lunch, said “Bye mom.” and ran out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment