Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Secret Mission Chapter 1 by Grace Kaung

“Shh. Do you want to get seen?” says a masked man with an Italian accent.
“I’m sorry, but this is my first time being on an actual mission.” says a boy named Lucas.
“Well quiet down, the headmaster chooses only the best. You were chosen, so I only expect the best out of you.”
Lucas only rolls his eyes.
“I told you, the headmaster must have made a mistake, I’m not a spy.” He said.
“The headmaster does not make mistakes.”
“Well he did this time.” Lucas sighs. What was wrong with this guy, doesn’t he understand that anyone could make a mistake? The headmaster is still human isn’t he?
“My mother says that mistakes are what make you human.”
“The headmaster is a special case.”
“Yeah right.” Lucas mutters under his breath.
The masked man brings his hand up to his ear touching a small earpiece in his ear.
“All clear.” He says.
The man steps around the corner and beckens to Lucas.
Lucas reluctantly follows.
“Hey dude. When can I get one of those?” Lucas nods toward the ear piece in the man’s ear.
“The headmaster will decide.” The man answers simply. “Right now we must concentrate on our mission.”
“Could you remind me what this mission is?”
The man stops and turns to face Lucas.
“How many times do I need to remind you? I told you already, the headmaster has assigned me to show you the ways of a spy, by bringing you with me on a mission. Our goal is to steal their secret plans.”
“Why the heck do we need to steal their plans anyway? Couldn’t this All Powerful Headmaster do it himself?” Lucas challenged.
“What is wrong with you? Why do you have to be so disrespectful?”
“It’d be easier if I actually knew who you are! Just take off your mask!”
“I am strictly ordered not to.”
“Then I quit this spying thing.” Lucas turned around to stomp off. “I don’t know why you even bother to take me with you. You act like I’m just extra weight!”
“No, I-” The man tried to argue. But Lucas was on a roll.
“I don’t even do anything! I’m supposed to watch everything. Like I’m a little kid and you’re my dad having to show me everything! Bye mystery person! Cuz I quit!”
Lucas turned on his heel and ran off.
“No wait!” The man shouts uselessly at Lucas. “Come back!”
But Lucas was leaving.
As Lucas was nearing the door to leave, a guard had heard the shouting and grabbed the masked man.
“Get him!”
Three more guard got hold of the man and gagged him. Leaving the door unattended, allowing Lucas to leave. They dragged the masked man through another door.
“Take him to the leader. We’ll question him there.”
Lucas saw all this right as the door closed in front of him, locking him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment