Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Stolen by Arushi Devgun


“We’re here!” My sister yelled as she pushed me out of the car. First day, new school, best day ever. I thought to myself.
“Move.” A girl shoved past me. Without thinking, I kicked her down the hill we were standing on. “I’m sorrryyyy!!!” She yelled as she rolled down the hill.
“You should be.” I replied. I turned away with a huff and walked towards the main entrance. “Hi, my name is Sophia, wanna be friends?” The girl I kicked down the hill said.
“Uhhhh…” I answered, noticing Sophia’s makeup was smudged and she looked like a zombie. How did she get up so fast? I thought in awe.

“You seriously kicked Sophia Hastings down the hill?” A random freshman appeared out of nowhere.
“Yeah.”
“Why did you do that?” A clique of girls chorused.
“Cause she’s a spoiled brat.”
“Woooww.” The freshman and the girls ogled at me.

“What’s with this school?” I muttered to myself. “Shoot, I’m almost late for class.” I looked at my Apple Watch, checking the time. I pushed the door open. Everyone stared me.
“You must be Olivia Caito-Pierce. I’m Ms. Lavigne.” I stared at Ms. Lavigne. She was about 26, was wearing a white lace dress, spiky leather jacket, and tall cowboy boots, she was probably one of those teachers who rode a motorcycle to school every day and was liked among students. “Take a seat.” She said, pointing a french manicured finger towards the back of the class. I reluctantly sat down in my seat. The kids next to me both wore a plaid shirt, jeans, and the same leather boots as Ms. Lavigne. “Today we are going to tell Ms. Pierce why we are all here .” My teacher lectured. With a snap of her fingers, we were all outside of the door. “Now, Olivia, why are you here?”
“Because my sister wanted me to go to a better school.”
Ms. Lavigne shook her head. “No, you are here to learn the art of being evil. How to steal, pickpocket, lie, and cheat. How to harm the good, which thankfully, you did, by kicking that Sophia Hastings girl down the hill, she was a real pain.” RING RING!!!!! The bell rang.
“School’s out!!” Everyone yelled. Everyone rushed out the door and outside before I could even put on my backpack. I trudged outside 10 minutes later, my feet squelching in the mud.


“How was your day, sis?” My older sister, Avril yawned.
“Good.” I replied. We drove back to the apartment Avril, her husband, her five year old daughter, Charlotte, and I lived. We got out of the car and rode the elevator in silence. I unlocked the apartment.
“Hey, Olivia, do you think you can babysit Charlotte today? I have to judge at the court.”
"Sure.” I answered. I have nothing else to do. I thought. “Oh, and your teacher is coming to teach you guys how to make someone go unconscious.” Avril gathered her papers and briefcase and closed the door behind her.
Then, Ms. Lavigne came in. “Is your sister gone yet?” She peered through the window.”
"Yep. Let’s get started.” Ms. Lavigne moved her hand as if she was controlling someone. Suddenly, a swirling circle appeared sucking the three of us in it. “WHAT’S HAPPENING MS. LAVIGNE?” I shouted over the deafening noise as I gripped Charlotte’s hand.
“We are going to steal something priceless.” She said quietly.
“WHAT?” Charlotte yelled.
“I SAID, WE ARE GOING TO STEAL SOMETHING VALUABLE!” Ms. Lavigne yelled. “LET GO WHATEVER YOU’RE HOLDING ONTO, AND GRAB MY HAND!” I let go of the granite counter and gripped Ms. Lavigne’s hand quickly. She let go.

“AAAAAHHH!!!” We all screamed. We tumbled past monkeys, trumpets, carriages, and portraits of rich people. We landed in a moat with a splash.
“Ewwww.” Charlotte complained.
“Get out.” Ms. Lavigne commanded. I pulled Charlotte and I out of the moat. Ms. Lavigne clapped her hands and we were dressed in multiple petticoats, high heels, lots of makeup, and hair tied into a tight bun.
“What exactly are we trying to steal?” I asked Ms. Lavigne after a long period of silence.
“The king’s crown.” Ms. Lavigne said ominously.
Soon we entered the castle. Ms. Lavigne set our fake identities. She was a duchess and Charlotte and I were her daughters.
“Can I see ze crown exzebit?” My teacher said in a fake French accent.
“Sure.” The king’s guards said. They led us up a spiraling staircase which was 843 steps tall and unlocked a door with a golden key.
“Perfect. Thank you zery much.” Charlotte thanked the guards. The guards locked the door behind them. Ms. Lavigne looked through the keyhole. “These guards are really stupid. They have absolutely no idea if thieves will be wanting to steal the king’s crown.”
"Hey, Olivia, I found the crown!” Charlotte called from the other side of the exhibit. Ms. Lavigne rushed over. “This is really bad security.” She noted. “Hey guys.” A familiar voice said. “Sophia?” I said, awestruck.

“Yeah, it’s like, me. Welcome to your doom.” Quickly, Ms. Lavigne punched the glass and broke it. “A ha!” Ms. Lavigne screamed in glory.
“Guards!!!!” Sophia yelled.
“Yes, Princess Sophia Marie Elizabeth Paige Castlington?” The guards said, panting.
“Kill that middle-aged woman!” “Princess” Sophia yelled.
“Yes, your Majesty.” They obeyed. One guard fired the arrow. Before it could kill Ms. Lavigne, I jumped and caught the arrow.
“Do you want to kill the guards, Charlotte?”
I handed Charlotte the arrow. “Yay, a toy!” Charlotte clapped her hands with glee. “Heee yah!” She threw the arrow and left 3 guards dead, 5 badly wounded, and 1 unconscious.
“Good job Charlotte!” Ms. Lavigne gave Charlotte gummy worms, her favorite.
Charlotte greedily took the worms and ate them all in a bite.
“You will die.” Sophia said, arrow ready. Sophia fired the arrow. The world seemed to go in slow motion.
“Nooooooooooo!!” Ms. Lavigne yelled, jumping in front of Charlotte. As arrow and teacher collided, the world seemed to stop. Ms. Lavigne went down.

“Isla!” Charlotte screamed as her tears dripped onto the marble floor. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sophia smirk. “How can you be mean at a time like this?” I sobbed.
Suddenly, I realized why we had to steal the crown. It was all in order to kill Sophia, she was the fake princess of the kingdom because she killed the real princess and the king would do anything for Sophia. So, the king made her princess. I ran up to Sophia, slapped the arrow and quiver out of her hands, and held her wrists behind her back.
“Charlotte! Wipe your tears and pick up the crown! Aim it at Sophia!” I shouted hoarsely.
“Okay!” She sniffled, leaving Ms. Lavigne’s cold body. She picked up the crown and aimed it at Sophia.
”NOOOOOO!!!!” She screamed. I could see her essence being sucked out of her body and transferred to the crown. Sophia’s body dropped to the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment