Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Friend or Foe? Chapter 3 by Mariam Kravchenko


“I smell human blood!,” is the first thing I hear from the Vampires, before I even enter their lair. I finger my ax gently, and look up at the Vampire. He looks at me reassuringly.
“I now realize I never caught your name,” I tell him.
“I now realize I never dropped my name,” he retorts cleverly. “Joseph Baker, at your service.”
I nod acknowledgingly and Joseph hold out his hand. I look up at him questioningly.
“Trust me,” he says. “They will not harm you if they know you’re with me.”
I nod and slowly lace my fingers through his. I look up at him and notice some things that I’ve never noticed before. Joseph’s eyes, though red and dark, are full of compassion. He looks scared, his lips quivering. I notice that he has a lip ring. How did I never see that? When his blonde, blue-tipped hair falls in his face, he doesn’t brush it away as he normally does. He seems to shrink back some. He looks incredible in the moonlight. So handsome.
I shake my head. What am I thinking? I have a boyfriend. Well, not anymore, really, but I am NOT gonna fall in love with this… creature.
“We’re here,” Joseph mutters, his voice trembling. His grip on my arm tightens. “Please, Jo, avoid eye contact. Only speak when asked a question, but speak as little as possible. Try to stand out as little as possible.”
I was shocked at how much he’d changed in such a short amount of time. When I first met him, he was cool and smooth. Now, he looked terrified.
“Are you okay?” I whisper as I look up at the huge building. I gape, but then shrink behind Joseph as a loud snarl rips through the night.
He nods.
“Come on,” he says. “Let’s go."

Chapter 1: http://writeonwtgpjuly2016.blogspot.com/2016/07/friend-or-foe-chapter-1-by-mariam.html
Chapter 2: http://writeonwtgpjuly2016.blogspot.com/2016/07/friend-or-foe-chapter-2-by-mariam.html

No comments:

Post a Comment