Tuesday, July 26, 2016

FRIEND OF FOE? Chapter 1 by MARIAM A. KRAVCHENKO

The Vampire stares at me, his long, glistening fangs extended. Blood dribbles down his chin, and his tongue lashes out to lick it off. He licks some blood off of his hands and my eyes flicker down to the dead girl at his feet.
I’d just witnessed a killing. I’d watched the life drain out of her eyes as quickly as the Vampire drained the blood from her veins. And I didn’t stop it.
“You’re next, sweetheart…,” he purrs. His voice is deep and husky, and his pale face twists into a smirk. His startling green eyes squint slightly, and he bites his lip. His eyebrow crawls upwards a little.
He takes  three long strides toward me and grabs me by the shoulders. He buries his head in my neck and I feel my a sharp pain. I whimper, collapse to my knees, and my world goes black.’
* * *
I chew on my pencil eraser. Stuck. I pick up my phone and scroll through my music. I find the Slipknot’s latest album, and press play. Just as my pencil touches the paper, the door opens. I groan and roll my eyes, and look up slowly. My boyfriend, Jacob Smith, stands in the doorway, a black bag in his hand. Something red drips from the bottom. I shut my notebook and set it on my bookshelf.
“Hey, Jacob,” I say slowly.
“Hello, Josephine,” He snarls.
Then, he leaps at me, kneeling on my back. He grabs my head and slams it into the wall repeatedly. I scream, but quickly, my screams turn to moans and I become silent. I slump down on the bed, unable to move. I can feel thick blood pouring down my face and I can see the crimson pooling on my sheets.
Jacob picks up my notebook and dips it into his bag. When he pulls it out, it’s coated in blood. He pulls a blood-covered gun out of the bag as well. How did that huge gun fit in that tiny bag? He places the gun on the notebook and starts chanting something that I cannot understand.
Est filius meus carissimus, et omnia mea. Cadent in fama. Homo cum sclopetis et concedo. Ieiunium debet currere, anima ejus erit faciendum.”
My notebook seems to glow, and I attempt to scream as it sucks me in, but I can’t, considering I’m less than half conscious. The last thing I hear is Jacob’s cry of:
“What have I done!”

2 comments:

  1. What does the first part have to do with the story?
    I really like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, for the first part, the girl, she writes, so that's part of her story.
    And thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete