Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Jump Book 2 by Nathan Wu

   I looked around us. There were pieces of Lettuce everywhere. Johnny started to scream. I did too. Then I fainted. When I woke up I saw the strangest things ever. Spinach people. They looked green and wrinkly. They also looked delicious. Then I saw Neal Philius. Johnny was looking in horror at the people. I was too. Then I saw the knives.

It turns out the knives were for cooking not eating us. They had put pieces of fish into the stew for us to eat. They had also roasted potatoes and lettuce. Neal then told me that he had fell into their kingdom and had decided to stay. He also told us that if we wanted to leave we could leave. He told us that we could leave at any time we wanted to tell our story.

Then I heard the noise of a siren. The Broccoli people were declaring war on the Lettuce people.

Over the period of 5 years many died. Johnny, me, Neal Philius and Commander Mad Hatter lived.

The only way we survived was by eating the Broccoli people along the way that were dead. We killed many, but war is war. Then one day when we were resting, a virus came. It took over Commander Mad Hatter’s mind. He went crazy and disappeared never to be seen again. Commander Bird joined us. While we were going crazy inside we continued to fight.

I had seen many people die myself. I felt like I was dying. The virus had struck a bunch of people. Our regiment had to wear nets and glass masks to stop the virus. We also had to wash our hand 24/7. Then one day when we were marching we heard the enemy siren. An arrow flew by and hit Neal Philius. He fell to the ground. That night we buried him. It felt like the worse loss we ever had. We had to bury him deep and put rocks over his grave. That way scavengers would not dig him up. Another day, we saw 5 lettuce men blow up because of a land mine. They were evaporated never to be seen again.

Then one day we had a gigantic war. I launched cyanide bombs into the enemy territory killing some people. I always thought of the broccoli as people not gigantic broccoli. Then one day a bullet hit commander bird. I had always thought he would survive. But instead he died late that night. Now it was only me, Johnny and a soldier called Mat. Many more died. Then one day we were going to launch an attack. We rowed across the river to surprise the enemy.

We attacked. I shot arrows. Johnny launched grenades. “Crap.” Johnny said. He groaned. "I’m out!. Are you?" he asked. 

"No” I said. Then we saw Mat die as he ran across the field and was shot in the neck. I continued my attack despite my sadness.

Then we heard a siren. We had won the war. I loved the thought of going back to the human world. I began my journey back with Johnny.

No comments:

Post a Comment