Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Nanoism By Finn Rowles

The man studied the new book, eying it because it was said to be magical.  And then it started moving.

Watching the time as it drifted away, he waited for his expected guest, who had recently disappeared.

The feast was near, and the sacrifice was years ago.  They watched out the window to see if the time had come.

The cat looked at him with sweet eyes, and he offered it his last sardine.  It gave him a thankful glance and he never saw the cat again.

I got in the car, not remembering that once I left I could never come back.  I drove away with a blank stare.

He looked through the darkness - thinking he saw a face… And he did.

The thing’s eyes stared into mine.  I knew if I broke the stare it would attack.

They waited patiently for their guest.  When they saw him, they screamed.

You can’t look back at the canyon.  After all you’ve been through, you need to drink a cold cup of water and sit by the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment